This is how I figured out how to get my XBOX working so I can join my friends lobbies and play with them. Many of you probably have heard of port forwarding and probably have tried it. I would be one of you. If you haven't here's a link to how to do it. XBOX 360 port forwarding It is a comprehensive guide.
Essentially the part you should take from it is that if you DMZ your XBOX 360 you are opening up your XBOX to everyone in the world. But I dare you to find someone who will hack your xbox. If you are still worried about it, then just set your XBOX 360 to your DMZ when you are using it and take it off when you are done.
Now, here's a short guide to how to set your XBOX 360 to DMZ.
- Go into the dashboard and find your internet settings. It should give you information on your connection. From this point find your IP Address that your XBOX 360 has. Write it down!
- Now go to a computer that is hooked up to the same router. Go into the network software usually all you have to do is type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar above and it will send you there. At this point most of you will be stopped by a user name and password prompt. Enter your user name and password, for those of you who have not been into your router network software before it will be the default user name and password in your manual.
- Go into your router network settings and it should give you the option for DMZ. Add the DMZ to the IP Address of your XBOX 360. Ok, so this is the part that most people will get frustrated over. If you have this network set up to a modem you DO NOT stop there. You now need to set up the DMZ for your network. Before you leave your router software you need to find out the IP Address of your router. To do this you need to find the status option in your router software.
- Once you find the IP Address of your router you can now exit out and go into your modem software. This may be different for most of you. I believe most will also be 192.168.1.1 but it could also be 192.168.0.1. If it is neither of those look into your manual or google it.
- Once you are in your modem software you will not have to find the DMZ option again, but instead of putting the IP Address of your XBOX 360 in there put the IP Address of your router.