Thursday, March 4, 2010

Crocodile

MMMMMmmmm gotta love those days where you get 4 or less hours of sleep. Today was one of those days. I had to wake up early to get to work and do the accounting work in addition to my normal work. Long day, long day indeed. But as it turns out all of the accounting work was done by the time I got there. I swear it was by some magical elfs or I'd like to think so. =D
I'm not sure if any of you know about the boarder illegal alien issue in Arizona. For those of you who don't, there are a lot of mexican citizens crossing the Arizona/Mexico boarder everyday. But a lot of them were dying of dehydration. So a group of people decided to start putting out gallons of water in the desert for those people. But there are some stupid people who are slicing and smashing those gallons of water.

I mean I'm not exactly happy about how these Mexican citizens are getting into America but that doesn't mean that they should die for it. Have we sunk so low as moral human beings to not help those who are dying? I'm sure someone out there can rebuttal this by saying that putting out the gallons of water out there only encourages them to cross. Even I have thought about that scenario. But, if thinking of the consequences if we do not put water out there. I could not live with myself.

People from Mexico will cross whether there are those gallons of water or not. With the dream and belief that they can come to America and have a better life. That seems to be just a fact of life right now.

I am in plain words, siding with those who are putting out the gallons of water. They are doing a noble and moral thing. I say to you who argue the reverse, have you no respect for human life? We are all humans on
this very same earth. It is an unavoidable fact that we are not just Mexicans, Asian, European (I will use a general word because I'd rather not type every country in the world), Africans, Arabs, or any of the many others i didn't name. We are human beings!

That's my rant for the day. On another note, my employee that can't say crocodile was working with me today. I have dully named her crocodile girl from now on. Apparently she's a heartbreaker. I surely didn't let her live that down. All day it was "ay, mi corazon!" That's "oh my heart" in English =) Now i'm sure some of you are probably saying that i'm a jerk and this and that. But you got to hear the whole story.

I am the only guy working in an all girl staff. There are on a constant basis pranks and, yes you guessed it, "Chhhhrrrrriiiiisssss..." Not to mention I'm made fun of all the time. So before you crucify me at least think about why I did it. I would never do that to someone I didn't joke around with.

I promise I'm not a jerk. I'm a pretty nice guy once you get to know me. =D

So on to the beer of the day. Today's beer was a beer from Lost Coast Brewery. It was their Great White. Though, I am particular to stronger beers, this beer was smooth. It was light and had a hint of citrus. If you are the kind of person that likes a light beer to sit and relax with, this is the beer for you. But for me I'm not very fond of this beer because it is too light. Grade: C+ (others of you may rate it differently, but I feel on my overall scale, that is to my liking, this is a generous grade)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter