Saturday, March 13, 2010

What did ya expect?

I think I will again start with the beer of the day. Today's beer is from Ska Brewery. It is their True Blonde Ale. This beer pours a nice golden color with a little head. The aroma is dominated by the wheat then followed by the hops. But given the dominance of the hops I was expecting it to be stronger to the taste than it was. The taste was smooth, the wheat is clearly noticeable but definitely not overpowering. The after taste is very smooth, it's as smooth as a baby's butt. Yes it is that smooth. From some of the reviews that I have seen about this beer, it is a highly underrated beer. Though, I believe it is underrated I think it is too smooth for me. It is still a good beer in my opinion and I wouldn't mind drinking it again. Very good beer to drink for those who just started drinking craft beers. Grade: B

So on to today, I worked the morning then had to come back in at night to close up for 4 hours. This is actually the first time that I have worked with...I will name her "desperate", for reasons I will explain a little later. In the morning I got some bad news. It's not a good idea to put an ad in the local paper that we are offering a dirt ass cheap 30 pack of beer. My sales rep was freaking out about it. But it was already circulated and too late to take it off. So we had to make up a cover story. Not a very good cover story but it was the best that we could make on such a short notice. If you want to know what the cover was just ask, but I'd rather just move on to the more interesting part of the day.

I would have the say that I have not worked the night shift on a Friday night in a long ass time. Not that I actually use my Friday nights off to actually go out and do something. Anyways, today I was working with Desperate. Now here's why she is now named Desperate. For about the first 2 hours all I heard from her was this guy's cute and I want to be with him, for nearly the entire male student body at ASU. But I will attest to one very big fact, gotta keep up my vocabulary, most of those guys were not the nice guys. The nice guys in her life all fell into the friend category. mmmmMMMMMmmmm the dreaded friend category, once in you will NEVER get out! MUAHAHAHA!

This pretty much lead to telling her the simple facts of college life. Girls go for the jerks and assholes, as previously mentioned in my earlier posts. She, of course protested that I was wrong. I then asked her to prove to me a scenario that she has experienced that I was wrong. She started to explain how each one of the guys that she mentioned that she likes were all nice guys. This is of course a praise to the Love Is Blind God. All praise him! AMEN! She sees what she wants to see.

Don't get me wrong she is a really nice girl. All I am doing is educating her on how to sniff out the asscracks. It was at this point when I started to feel my old confident/borderline cocky self coming back from a long ass vacation. So for the next 2 hours she was being as stubborn as you can be, just wouldn't listen to the true facts of the world. Oh well, can't say I didn't try.

That's about it for today, make sure to start reading from the beginning of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter